TOLL FREE 866-315-4317

Injuries to Children in Alabama

Our children are important to us. Everything we do is for them and about them and when they are happy, we are happy. The same is the case for when they are crying or hurt. We feel for our children, and we always want the best for them. Therefore, when our children are involved in accidents and are injured due to these accidents, we not only want them to recover, but we also want them to be compensated for their injuries when their injuries are due to the negligent or intentional acts of another.

Because of this, if you or a loved one have been involved in an accident, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced Huntsville and Madison County child injury attorney to strategize about the best possible outcome for your situation.

Child Injuries in Alabama

When children and minors are injured in an accident, the impact of that accident can follow them throughout adulthood. These injuries can have a long-lasting effect, as the children may be subject to medical treatment for the rest of their lives, depending on the injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unintentional injuries are the main cause of death to children under the age of 14. Though not death, when these injuries occur due to another person’s acts, it can be overwhelming and devastating, and your child should be compensated for the injuries that he or she has sustained.

In Alabama, when your child has sustained injuries, he or she is allowed to bring suit against the person who caused the injuries, but he or she is not allowed to bring a direct claim and the child’s legal guardian or parent is the only one allowed to bring a civil suit on behalf of the child. In this case, a child may make any claim that an adult would make as long as the elements of the tort committed can be proven. Because proving a negligence claim or intentional torts claim can be difficult in some circumstances, it is invaluable to seek legal advice and/or representation from a child injury attorney.

Need Legal Advice?

When your child has been involved in an accident due to the negligent or intentional acts of another, he or she should be compensated for any injuries incurred. It is important to seek legal advice and representation when this situation pertains to you. If you or a loved one have been involved in a personal injury accident, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced Huntsville and Madison County personal injury attorney at Hornsby Watson & Hornsby to help you with your case. Contact our office today.


Our personal injury attorneys in Huntsville, AL are proud of the accomplishments and results we have obtained over more than a century of combined experience. We remain committed to our roots as a client-focused personal injury law firm, however, and every client — beginning when they meet with us for the first time in a private, no-cost and no-obligation consultation.

1 Step 1

Submission of this form does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Read Disclaimer.

FormCraft - WordPress form builder
Scroll to Top